Fighting poverty: Labour markets and inequality in South Africa
Unquestionably, poverty and inequality are among the major challenges that face South Africa today. In this well-researched, comprehensive volume, the authors:
• use new techniques to measure and analyse household inequality and poverty in South Africa;
• analyse the nature and functioning of vulnerability in the labour market;
• explore the links between labour market participation and household poverty and inequality;
• investigate current social and labour market policies; and
• examine the implications of current anti-poverty policies and strategies.
An exciting aspect of this ground-breaking work is the proposals for the development of new and effective strategies to fight poverty in South Africa.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.